Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A Productive Rest

I took a day off from class today. I could have gone, and my toe would have been a bit sore later, but probably not terrible. I just wanted to train myself to be able to take a day off for rest, and not think obsessively through the day about missing class. And also I think I have been letting taekowndo dominate my thoughts of late, at the cost of letting work, cooking and housework slide a bit.

I'm pleased to report that I did quite well. I went to school early, and got a good bit of work done. After coming back home, I cooked myself a good dinner, which I haven't done for the last few days. I wrote a few important emails I've been putting off writing.

I hope my good rest will help me next class, physically and mentally.

3 comments:

Brittney said...

Sounds like you had a good night off. A night at home doing enjoyable things is a wonderful way to rest up. Did you have anything good for dinner?

In regards to the yellow belt--I tested for mine six months after I started class. Five weeks is nothing :-)

Little Cricket said...

I cook Indian food often. Have you ever had chickpeas, Indian style?

Brittney said...

Sorry its taken so long to reply to your question. I have not hd chickpeas indian style. I'm not a huge fan of chickpeas. Well, I do like hummus if that counts.

I saw your addition to your post from last Sunday/Monday. Very well said.