Friday, September 22, 2006

Tragedy!

Since I just started this journal today, it feels a bit silly to be putting in all the expressive titles, but I did want to have all my thoughts nice and organized. Even if they actually occurred to me a few days ago.

Anyway, last Sunday, at class, I was doing some side kicks. A black belt, who is also my friend outside class, I'll call him G, asked me to kick his hand which he put in front of me, while keeping my eyes on it. I guess I'd been moving my face away quite a bit and it took a huge effort. My knee gave a bit of a wrench doing this because I had to hold my pivoting back leg harder in place that usual, and I sprained my knee. I went on with the rest of the class, but the pain set in later, and I decided to skip class on Tuesday, and let it heal. The pain has been getting better, but my knee feels all stiff and funny. I asked G if I should just go back to class and tough it out. He said yes, but to stretch. I'm not sure of specific stretches to do though. And my knee gives a twinge when I bend my knees low to practice Chon-Ji.

On Thursday class was canceled because of a football game at school, saving me from making the decision about going or not. I think I'll go on Sunday and tough it out. I went for a tiny jog today, and it was not too bad, though it hurt a bit.

I am agonizing about missing classes on the one hand and reinjury if I don't let it heal on the other.

No comments: